CDL A Driver Hazmat
Navigate your career @ Airgas
Enrich your experience with a new step in your professional journey! Airgas encourages internal mobility. Developing yourself into new roles within our organization is key to our Talent Management strategy. We believe in you and the value you bring to our company.
- Location: Bozrah, CT
- Ability to earn $32.00/hr - $100K+ annually
- $5K Sign-On Bonus
- Travel: Home Daily/Occasional lay-over
- Work Schedule: Nights & Weekends
- Paid Training
- Equipment: Airgas operates a modern and efficient fleet. Most vehicles are under six years old and equipped with driver-friendly technology, such as On Board Computers, collision avoidance technology, latest camera technology and GPS navigation.
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
- Drive Commercial Motor Vehicle (tractor-trailer) combination, usually long distances, to transport and off-load compressed and liquefied industrial gases to customers or to storage sites in a safe, timely, accurate, and courteous manner
- Perform pre & post trip inspections to identify any maintenance action that may be required and acts appropriately if action is needed
- Report all accidents, possible injuries, safety issues, driving citations and customer complaints to include service interruptions immediately to their supervisor
- Complete and submit reports as required by the DOT and/or company policy
Are you a MATCH?
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- One (1) or more year's prior experience as driver of tractor - trailer vehicles within the last five years
- Must possess all applicable HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements
- HS Diploma or GED, preferred
- Product knowledge of cryogenic, compressed and specialty gases, preferred
- Must possess a valid Class A commercial driver's license for state of domicile
- Successful completion and passing of DOT written regulations and road tests
- Computer skills or ability to improve competence
- Local Bulk Driver Position with possible layovers with little to no notice from time to time; Nights & weekends shifts,12-14 hours work days, 2 consecutive days off
Apply online with resume - See apply buttons!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability