Saint Louis, MO
Airgas USA, LLC is seeking
Plant Operator for St. Louis location.
Makes and/or repackages and pumps compressed and liquefied gas into cylinders.
Airgas USA, LLC Offers Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability
Full benefits package as above and additional incentive and bonus opportunities
Must Apply On-line - see apply buttons for company website link
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required
• Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
• Must be able to safely drive a forklift
• Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released
• Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained – cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected
• Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated pressure gages and monitoring devices
• Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight, whichever is appropriate
• Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations
• Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported to management
• Conduct periodic checks of plant for safe and efficient operation
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance
• Perform mathematical calculations
• Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required
• Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help customers when necessary
• Perform backup duties as a route driver when necessary
*Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
*Ability to speak effectively before groups of associates of the organization.
*Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
*Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
*Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
*Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.